- I can barely keep my eyes open. I wonder why I'm so tired? It could be the bizarre dreams I've been having. Last night's was like an episode of House. It was totally bizarre, I remember that. I can only remember bits of it though. Like desperately wanting to slap Hugh Laurie.
- My motivation levels are somewhere between zero and nonexistent at the moment. End-of-year-itis has definitely set in. Must fight it! If only my current subject matter was more inspiring. *sigh*
- We have peacocks in our complex again. I don't know where they're from or why they're back, but I wish they would shut up. It's hard to sleep with their persistent noise, which sounds something like a cat in labour. Hey... that may explain my first point too. Peacocks + House = no sleep.
- Although I am so ready for a holiday, I'm freaking out a bit at how little time there is until the end of the year. We're scheduling our end-of-November weekend social events already, because there's just no time left anywhere else in this year. There are so many people I want to invite over for supper or a braai, but just no time.
- Last night's life group was interesting. We watched a dvd on creationism versus evolution theory. Fascinating stuff. I find that people get too wound up by these things though. I mean, whatever you believe - that there was a big bang, that God created the world in seven days or some mix of those theories - the fact is that earth is here now and we live on it. I can't help but think that we shouldn't get caught up in fighting about how the earth was made, but how to take care of it now. Still, it was really cool to learn more about both theories. I think I'm still a middle-grounder - I believe God created the earth, but how He chose to do it and how old it is and all that stuff... I'm not sure.
- Why is the first phone call of the morning always from some annoying telesales marketer? It puts a little dampener on my sunshine. I wish I didn't have to answer the phone until after 10am, when my brain is more likely to be functioning. Actually, I wish I never had to answer the phone. I am not a fan.
- Why am I still the only one in the office this morning? Was there a public holiday someone forgot to tell me about?
- It's time for breakfast and blog-reading. Today it's going to be strawberries and yoghurt with muesli clusters. Yum!
Thursday, 8 October 2009
Random thought streaming
Here's what's going on in my head at the moment...