Friday 18 September 2009

Happees


  • It's Friday!


  • I have the Jason Mraz album playing instead of Roo's usual blaring pop radio station.


  • Went to a great new restaurant last night, Arzoo, serving "Incredible Punjabi Cuisine". They unfortunately don't have a website, but if you're keen to try their AMAZING chicken tikka marsala or lamb gosht badami, they're in the Bryan Park Shopping Centre and their telephone number is (011) 706 9345/6. The food is great, the lighting is... unusually and amusingly kitsch and the service is by far the best I've had in years. New favourite!


  • I have finally decided what I'm going to buy with my Kalahari voucher from Angel and Glug. Thanks again, guys!


  • I won tickets to Taste of Joburg from the competition on Glad to Be a Girl. How awesome?! I am so excited that I could jump up and down at my desk. Instead I'll just bounce on the exercise ball I sit on at my desk like a five-year old on a sugar high. Wheeeeeeee!


  • Some of my favourite bloggers have been saying nice things about me and giving me awesome awards. Yay!

I got this pretty one from Angel and Louisa...

This one from Helen, for all the *ahem* honest scrap on this here blog thing...


And this specially-made one from Paula...



Thanks, guys! You really boosted my spirits!

I know I'm supposed to pass these all on, but I can't keep track of who's got them already, so I'm just going to dish out Paula's awesome "blog I read with my morning coffee" award to: Phillygirl (I know you don't do awards, but yours is one of the blogs I read first every morning), Slyde (I have a feeling you're also not an awards-fan, but tough) and Louisa (I smile every time I see your blog in bold in my reader).

I'm also supposed to write 10 random things about me, but I write random things every day (almost) here, so I'm going to skip that bit and just say...

Have a rad, fab, mad *insert other three-letter adjectives here* weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what would I give to go to that restaurant! With baby girl we can only go to the Spur/Wimpy/Panarotti's. The closest Panarotti's is in Vanderbijlpark, so for breakfast it is Wimpy and anything else it is Spur. We're not keen to drop baby off just for anything, but the next time mother-in-law comes to visit, Lamb and I WILL go somewhere nice. Spur is fab & Proudly SA and what what what, but boy I need a change. Now I am grateful for 10 years of marriage before baby.

Sorry for complaining on your blog, but you've hit a nerve.

po said...

I love reading all you Joburgers adventures with restaurants, you really do seem to have an a mazing choice! Since I am stuck in small town England, my choice is somewhat limited.

I dream of a good suchi resaurant, deam I tell you. Maybe the next time I come to SA I should try and find one cos there aint one here!

Cam said...

Sweet....looking for a good Punjabi Restaurant...\

Shakalaka Boom Boom!

Louisa said...

Aaaaw, thank you! *hugs*

Slyde said...

awww, thanks missy! :)

i'm always happy to get an award.

You rock, btw!

Damaria Senne said...

have a fantabulous weekend too.

Jeanette said...

Definitely going to have to try that restaurant, sounds wonderful!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Congrats on all your awards :)

Have a fab Monday!!

phillygirl said...

Catching up on my missed blog reading and just wanted to say thanks for the kind words :) I <3 your blog too!