Monday 28 September 2009

No brain power today

Is it just me, or is that end-of-year feeling setting in already? I know we're only just about to hit October, but I've booked our December holiday flights to Cape Town and my brain thinks it's time to be on a beach.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I've had a few days off. And without internet. My home internet line went down on Wed and has not been working since. Blegh. Have spent much time arguing with Telkom about this with no luck.

At least it meant I was forced to take a break, seeing I couldn't work. So good times were had, despite the fact that TSC was away. Highlights...

  • On Thursday I planted new flowering summer plants, cleared the weeds (including the gazillions of cherry tomatoes that just grow on top of anything else we plant) from the veggie patch, created a new no-dig bed for more veggies and created an artwork to hang on one of our many bare walls (debating whether or not to post a pic).
  • On Friday I went through to Pretoria to see my folks. We had lunch at Papachino's in Midrand (yummy toasted spinach, feta and bacon for me) and in the evening saw Earth. Wow - BEAUTIFUL footage. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone. It should be compulsory school-viewing, IMO. I was sad to see how empty the cinema was. I know it's a documentary, but it's a really special film.
  • On Sat, my folks and I flew to Durban to see the work on their property (they're busy building their retirement house in Westville). Not much has been done yet. Just the trenches for foundations are done, but they should pour concrete this week, so things will get moving soon. Visiting the area always brings back a flood of childhood memories. I heart KZN. In between the site visit and exploring the tiles shop, my folks spoiled me with lunch, new shoes and a cute outfit. I felt like a kid again. Before flying home that eve, we met up with one of my best friends and her brother at the airport for coffee and a catch-up. I haven't seen either of them since my wedding (nearly three years ago), so it was awesome to swap stories and pick up where we left off, especially since she's been in Canada for the past year.
  • On Sun, I drove home, washed my car, did the laundry and headed off to Angel and Glug to watch the GP and enjoy a braai with Wenchy and Noid, whom I'd never met. What a great bunch of people! Despite a relatively uneventful race, I had a fantastic time. And Angel introduced to me to Strawberry Cape Velvet. Yum... It's like alcoholic Nesquik. Dangerous stuff! I eventually headed home at about 6.30 to find TSC curled up on the couch, fast asleep. I woke him gently, but after working straight through the night on Fri and Sat, the poor boy was so bushed he didn't have a clue where he was. He thought I'd arrived at the surveying camp ;-)

It's so good to have him home. I missed cuddling up to him and waking up with his arms around me. The cats aren't impressed though - they quite enjoyed having his side of the bed to themselves ;-)

I'm off to do some serious catching up on blog reading - that's something else I missed over my long weekend! Have a good one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo holiday in Cape Town for Dec, such a great time of the year here. You going to have a magical time! You definatly need it if every weekend of yours is like this!

Wenchy said...

It was absolutely wonderful to meet you, chat and spend some time together. You are simply gorgeous!!

po said...

Wooohoooo Westville! Wow I am so nosy I am wondering where now, but don't tell me!

Westville! Kay I was really bored there when I was growing up, but it has the rosy glow of childhood upon it now.

AngelConradie said...

So was TSC starving?
It was awesome to have you visit our humble home T!
I had a fabulous afternoon myself.

AngelConradie said...

Oh and I'm so with you on the "end of year" feeling!!