Thursday 26 February 2009

Memes and Men Jokes

So how did I do on my to-do list from yesterday? Not too badly. On my way home I stopped at Design Quarter to get some coasters (to protect my new coffee table from glass marks) and discovered that Woolies was having a big sale on their home stuff. So I browsed to my heart's content and picked up some gorgeous placemats, pillows, a cute little woven dustbin for the spare room and some sweet napkins. Then I went home and played with my cats for awhile before settling into all the chores that needed to be done. This morning, before work, I made breakfast for our guests and then sat outside on my veranda, reading my book with a cup of coffee, until they were ready. Such a lovely way to start the day!

So I'm in a fairly good mood this morning, despite the fact that a client sent me a snotty email about an invoice (which has nothing to do with me. I'm the writer, not the accountant. Duh). Here's a meme that Louisa tagged me to do, and something from my inbox that made me smile.

Funny:
A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle. For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating or menopausal, she tends to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his forehead while he is on fire. No further studies are expected.

Love it!

Handbag meme from Louisa.


Rules:

  • Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you can’t go into your closet and pull out your favourite purse! We want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house.
  • List how much it cost. And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, we’d love to hear it.
  • Show us what’s in your purse. Spill it out! Take pictures! Tell us what it is!
  • Tag some chicks. (sorry boys, but I’m guessing not a lot of you carry bags around anyway).

Here's my bag that I'm carrying today... I have no idea how much it cost - it was a Christmas present. I love it because it matches so many colours, it's huge and fits all my crap inside (and usually TSC's too), I reckon it's stylish (could be wrong) and it has a solid wood handle, which is unusual (and a pain to carry).

And here's a pic of all the stuff in it at the moment...

We have (from the top left):

  • Car keys with broken green beaded keyring that I keep forgetting to fix
  • Purse (and my driver's licence, which is still in my maiden name)
  • Cool notepad thing that Ruby and Arkwife gave me for my birthday
  • Eclipse mints (pre-interview prerequisite in my book)
  • Ancient and irritating cell phone that is in the process of dying. Dramatically, as Nokia's are wont to do.
  • Butterfly sparkles. ??? I think these are left over from the housewarmign party where I sprinkled some on the tables for decoration. Dunno why they're in my bag though.
  • Tissues.
  • Three pen-shaped sprays from Dischem. One is Hand Sanitizer, one is Instant Spot Remover and the last is SPF30 Sunscreen.
  • Six pens (as a journo, I live in fear that all my pens will dry up during an interview. It's happened before, and I've been carrying even more pens since).
  • Compact mirror and brush.
  • Three shades of lipgloss.
  • Pomegranite handcream. Mmmm!

I now tag: Ruby (suck it up, tag-hater - I wanna know what's in your bag), Kitty Cat, Helen, Mylifescape and Hayley. Sorry if you've already been tagged. I can't keep track of these things. Everyone else who's keen is also welcome to play along ;-)

*added later: I dunno how many of you have seen the cartoon strip that rins at the bottom of this blog, but scroll down and have a look at today's... So funny!

9 comments:

boldly benny said...

Great bag, I'm a sucker for patchwork :)

Thomas said...

Ha ha, I did one of these a while ago after someone tagged all the guys she knew to see what they had in their bags, it was, um..interesting

Unknown said...

Okay, will do it, but give me till next week. Fun.

Wenchy said...

my bag is very boring in comparison

Louisa said...

Oooj, I love all the different pens you have in there! :-)

Anonymous said...

That duct tape phase is a bit of a problem. Never seem to wander out of it in the mating cycle. Sticky problem.

Slyde said...

i was actually buying into that UCLA article there until the ending ... good stuff!

AngelConradie said...

i best get to this one- i've been tagged for it twice!

Hayley said...

Yay, thanks for the tag...just need to find my camera!