Tuesday 10 February 2009

Above and beyond blog standard


I follow a lot of blogs. Some of them are funny, some are raw and honest, some are informative and some have great photos. And when I find a blog that I really heart, I somehow want the rest of the world to know about it and enjoy it too.

Here are three of the many blogs that I follow regularly. There are many more that I think are awesome, but these are the ones I wanted to tell you about today.



Chris is super intelligent to the point that his writing intimidates me sometimes. But he can be hilarious, insightful, sarcastic and I often learn something new from his posts, so I keep going back for more. He writes fantastic movie reviews and has an absolutely endless supply of trivia at his fingertips. He also seems in tune with the spirit of the internets and often posts current topics / memes before they become a hot topic.

Mother Jungle

Susan writes from Costa Rica and is the mother of two children, Coco and Addison. Reading her blog I've learnt about everyday life in paradise - from its many bugs to how to open a green coconut properly. Addison has Down's Syndrome and I've also learnt a lot about the thrills and spills that brings. Susan's writing is from the heart and her blog is an absolute gem.

I Am Tom

Tom is a fairly new blogger, but as a copywriter he's taken to the task like a duck to water. His posts are hilarious and often have me laughing out loud in the office, whether he's bemoaning the loss of his girlfriend to the Twilight book series or telling the story of how he stalked the drunkard that ran into the back of his car. He's also a great commenter, so if you read his blog, he's likely to leave some love on yours.

21 comments:

Carlinn said...

I will have to read Mother Jungle. I lived in Costa Rica for a while and it def wasn't paradise :P (for me anyway)

Janine / Being Brazen said...

How funny - I was so going to post the same kind of thing today..heehee...maybe I still will.

:)

phillygirl said...

off to check them out ... always up for a new read or two ;) thanks!

Thomas said...

Tamara! You rock! Seriously, thank you for the kind words:)

Unknown said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait to check them all out. Tom sounds like kinda guy that might like violent carrots ;)

Hayley said...

Off to check them out, thanks Tamara!

Hayley said...

Oh yes, my email address is hayleymalherbe@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Of the three "I read Tom", but I will go check out the other two!

Tamara said...

Superficial: Hehehe... I think Susan will agree with you on some days!

Brazen: I hope you do - always looking for a new read or two.

Philly: Enjoy ;-)

Thomas: it's a pleasure. *blush*

Dizz: He is!

Hayley: Thanks, lady. Have mailed you.

Glug: Hope you enjoy. I dig your answers post, btw.

The Jackson Files said...

Thanks T...now I have spent half the day reading new blogs and NOT getting on with my work.

Louisa said...

I'm already lurking on one of these, can't wait to check out the other two as well. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that, though I think you've got me confused with someone else - super intelligent? Only for 5 minutes after drinking strong coffee, then it's all downhill again, assuming I'd even made it up the hill in the first place.

po said...

Thank you for the cool links and the cool message on my blog today :)

boldly benny said...

Of to have a looksie!

boldly benny said...

Oh crap OFF - I just committed one of my WORST grammar errors!
*hangs head in shame*

Tamara said...

Jackson Files: You're welcome, R ;-) *evil giggle*

Louisa: good... and then delurk on the one you've been reading.

Christopher: Hehehe... he's modest too!

Po: you are welcome, blog friend. Thinking of you.

Tamara said...

Benny: Good to know your human.

Yes, that was on purpose to make you feel better ;-)

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dash said...

thanks dude! Iw ill be sure to check those out. I do find it hard to get to stuff that I REALLY like, you know? I can't even remember how is stumbled on you.

Anonymous said...

Nice links! They look like very interesting blogs.

AngelConradie said...

i am liking tom.