Wednesday 18 February 2009

A bullet-point post...

...Is always good when lacking inspiration. So here it is:

  • Stress for the day: Aside from clients, the fact that we're having K over for dinner and to spend the night. I've decided to cook a roast (Halaal) chicken with roast veg and crusty rolls on the side. Apparently, K can't eat anything I've cooked in one of my pots or pans becuase the metal may have absorbed fat from previous non-Halaal meals. But he can eat off my porcelain plates and casserole dishes as long as they have been washed. I'm just worried that he'll arrive and I'll discover that I've messed up in some way. But TSC assures me that he's a nice guy and that everything will be fine.

  • Thought for the day: I am very blessed to have TSC in my life. He is kind, loving, affectionate, funny, generous and generally awesome. Yes, he can tick me off more quickly than anyone else on the planet and he leaves his stuff lying all over the house and does irritating things like making us late for every appointment, but I love him with my whole heart and I'm so proud of him.

  • Food of the day: I'm loving the delicious yellow cling peaches from Woolworths at the moment. Had one an hour ago and it was so firm and juicy and sweet. Yum!

And that's me for today. How about you?

12 comments:

Thomas said...

Best of luck with the meal -I'm sure it will turn out great!

po said...

Hmm, nothing to say day. This is terrible. I hope your meal works out well. Don't stress!

boldly benny said...

I'm sure your meal will be swell.

I better try those peaches, I got Woolies grapes and they were awful!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Im sure your meal will rock...

I feel like peaches now

Unknown said...

Don't worry, everything will be fine for the meal.

My thought for the day is: Don't get sick, don't get sick... I have 2 sick men here .. I don't want it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the dinner!

It is a little nerve wracking cooking for people from other cultures!!

The Jackson Files said...

Halaal sure does have a lot of food rules. Like being Kosher, I guess, only different.

Sass said...

Stress of the day? My kids. My parents. The fact that my father was hit by a car last night on his nightly walk...he's okay, but it brings everything into perspective.

Thought of the day? I haven't been catching up on my regular blogging buddies enough lately, and for that I'm sorry.

Food of the day? Hopefully something really fattening. ;)

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if you've got some great things on the menu!!! ENJOY!

The Running Golfer said...

I have been living off those peaches for the last month!

AngelConradie said...

i like posts like this. it helps to play a type of catch-up with the bloggers i read!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!