Monday 23 February 2009

Not enough hours in the day

Because we do our office status meetings on a Monday morning (which takes up to two hours sometimes), I never seem to have enough time to do everything I need to do on the first day of the week. The fact that I write every single press release / newsletter / advert / piece of writing that this agency sends out means that my workload increases with every new client we sign. Currently, I am under the whip and battling to do all the work within my half-day. I find this very stressful. Discussions are underway about finding me a writing assistant. Let's hope that happens. If you know of a suitable candidate (i.e. good English and communication skills, in this for the love of writing rather than the love of money, able to work to insane deadlines and keen to join our hyper-emotional all-female company), please let me know.

Until then, I leave you with a picture of my vegetables that I picked out of my garden on Saturday. Why? Because (as Jackson's Mom will understand) I am incredibly proud of these fruits of my labour, more so than of the million-odd press releases I will write this week. Rightly so, I believe. The veggies definitely taste better.




17 comments:

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

Your peppers are gorgeous!
well done:)

The Jackson Files said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. What are those red things at the back? Peppers or chillis? I had rocket from my garden with supper yesterday - so peppery and so delicious.

Anonymous said...

woooh sounds like a crazy town! :D But at least you enjoy the fruits of your labour... I think your veggies are nifty; what's the red stuff at the top?

po said...

Wow those veggies are amazing, what are you feeding them?

Anonymous said...

I think you are feeding your veggies with your press releases! And that's why they look so good!

Dash said...

hey tammy, any chance you can do the work from 10000km away? Without power or a solid internet connection? I'm dying from the lack of female colleagues. Never thought I would say this but lack of feminine emotionalness is driving me around the bend.

Mama Feline said...

Oooh those veggies look absolutely delectable! Holding thumbs about the assistant

Anonymous said...

WOW those veggies are amazing!!!! WELL DONE! They look LOVELY!

Poetry Sue said...

if your assisting can be done from afar.. and by someone who has never done such a thing.. I would like to nominate myself. No really...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how incredble are those veggies!! Well done!

Anonymous said...

I would be proud too if those were my vegetables! GOOD JOB :)

Thomas said...

Holding fingers and hoping you find someone!Those are some KILLER veggies by the way!

Tamara said...

Saaleha: thanks ;-)

Jackson Files: Pepperdews

Paula: See above ;-)

Po: Some sort of foliar feed. Can't remember the name. Unfortunately, I reckon it makes the snails grow too!

LadyFi: Well, some would describe those press releases as manure, so maybe not a bad idea ;-)

Poetry Sue: Hehehe... I'll check with my boss on that one.

Jeanette: Ta very much.

Reeder: Thank you. *grins*

Thomas: Only if you fire them through a cannon.

Anonymous said...

yum yum!

sounds like all my workdays, glad to have an assistant who actually lives up to her title to enable my blog and tweet, at times, from work.

Ruby said...

wow!!! your veggie garden has greatly improved since i've seen it if you were able to harvest those!!! Most impressed!:)

Wenchy said...

Your veggies look very funky!

AngelConradie said...

fabulous veggies!!!