Thursday 27 May 2010

New and improved (please to ignore the oxymoron)

I have FINALLY updated my blogroll (thanks for the prompt, Cam). Not a simple process. It meant finally moving my feeds across to Google Feed Reader and weeding out all the blogs that are dormant, defunct or not on my reading list anymore to ensure that my subscriptions are all up to date. I think it's fine now. But if you think you should be on that list and you're not, please mail me at doodlesofajourno at gmail dot com because my brain is like a sieve and I can't promise that I've remembered everyone.

Let me say though, that if you have not updated your blog in months or years, if your blog is now private and you haven't invited me to read it or if I haven't stopped by your blog in more than six months, you won't be on the list. Sorry, folks. But as Run DMC said, "It's like that, that's just the way it is."

In other news, our church small group decided to go for a salsa lesson as a social last night at Marrakesh Lounge. It was good fun. You pay R50 for a beginners' lesson of an hour and then you can hang around, have drinks, watch the intermediate group and practise later on in the eve. We unfortunately couldn't stay much longer than our class as TSC had studying to do, but we had a great time and even ran into a few people we knew. The beginners' classes are great for singles or couples as you rotate partners and get to meet a bunch of people. There must have been about 40 of us there. If it weren't on a Wednesday evening when we have our small group we'd probably go more often.

Off to follow up with some difficult-to-pin-down interviewees for a big freelance project now. Seriously, some people think the world revolves around them. *sigh* Patience is required.

14 comments:

Damaria Senne said...

Good luck with the interviews.

Cam said...

Thats the best blog roll ever...only problem is I'm no longer on it...ha ha ha!

Tamara said...

Eek! Sorry, Cam. I think I still had your old domain entered and it obviously couldn't find a feed. All fixed now. My apologies and thanks for speaking up ;-)

Cam said...

Thanks Tam....your bog roll is now, complete!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

I so need to update my blog reading list too...

Have a fab Thursday x

Jeanette said...

Hope you get those interviews set up

Helen said...

I'm off the list? After I clicked on your link yesterday and got the Final Countdown stuck in everyone's head?

Good luck with the interviews!

Briget said...

I think you are onto something.. my blogroll has cobwebs and deadlinks..

Time to dust mine off too ;-)

Hope you have fun Salsa'ing !

Anonymous said...

Aw, I think that you're the first person to add me to their blog roll. I feel so loved! :)

Tamara said...

Helen: sorry, lady. See, I warned everyone I'm not infallible! Fixed now and sorry for the screw-up. Your blog was on both my original feed reader and blog roll, so I'm not sure how it fell off. Thanks for participating in Annoying Songs To Sing In The Workplace Day yesterday, btw ;-)

Tamara said...

cestlavietlb: See, that's why it needed updating - your blog has been on my "read with my morning cuppa" list for months now.

phillygirl said...

Didya bump into Ruby at the Salsa? I think I really must give it a try sometime, sounds like it could be fun :)

Tamara said...

Phil: I did indeed. And you should. It's good fun!

DBAWIW said...

Thank you for linking me or whatever it's called. Sheesh, you'd think I'd know terminology by now after four years of blogging. Haven't even managed to get a blogroll of my own going, though rest assured, I read your doodles.