Friday 28 May 2010

Amazing people rock my world

I am so blessed to have awesome people in my life. My family and friends are the best I could ask for and my husband is my personal Prince Charming. But I realised today that even some of the "peripheral" characters in my life are incredible.

See, I'm doing a workshop on personal branding and marketing next week and as an exercise before the event, we've been asked to contact 10 people we work with in some form or another (colleagues, mentors, managers, associates from places where we volunteer) and ask them for honest opinions on how they perceive us.

I sent out my email this morning and the responses I've had from people have been really touching, especially seeing I hardly know some of these people in a personal capacity. The fact they are willing to take time out of their hectic schedules to help me with this exercise is really sweet, but the fact that they are saying lovely things just makes me want to cry. I'm so grateful for the relationships I have in this world, both in my personal life and in my work capacity.

And it makes me realise how much impact a good compliment can make on someone. So I challenge you to find 10 people you come into contact with regularly and pay each of them an honest, agenda-free compliment over the next few days. You'll not only make them smile, you'll improve your relationship with them too.

Have a fab Friday.

5 comments:

Cam said...

"You're the most genuine blogger I read."

:D

phillygirl said...

wow, what a "makes you think post" :) and I'm sure those emails made for a lovely Friday for you.

"intracks"

Louisa said...

What's not to like? Tamara, you are a great person - I think you'd probably battle to find someone to say something nasty about you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea. Whoever thought it up must have asked just one person and got a kick out of it. (I like speculating about origins)

I'm glad for you Tamara; sounds like a boost in the right direction :D

Unknown said...

We don't do that enough, do we? Thanks for reminding us again.