Wednesday 26 November 2008

How is it...

...That two people who don't have a proper skincare routine between them can have so many toiletries?!







And this is just the stuff we're keeping. I chucked a whole bag of rubbish. But we're keeping about six tubes of sunblock, various body lotions, a lifetime's supply of anti-mosquito products and a gazillion hotel mini-products for travelling. Then there's the large stash of medication, the first aid kit and many euphemistically-termed "feminine hygiene products" that were also lurking in the bathroom cupboard (not pictured here). We had meds that expired years ago and some that weren't labelled...


Also not pictured are the items that still remain in the bathroom and on my bedside table - perfumes, toothbrushes, body washes, shampoo and conditioner, tissues...

With all of you as my witnesses, I pledge that in the new house my bathroom cupboard will be infinitely more organised. And if you come to visit (I am planning a housewarming for early next year), you must march upstairs to check, k? I'm counting on you, soldier.

14 comments:

Ruby said...

LOL.....oh my gosh, ihad to laugh when i saw that box! Hoarders, the whole bunch of us!

seamonkeypo said...

Gosh. That is quite a big box. But I think I would have the same so really I should not comment at all!

Wenchy said...

We have such a box with stuff Noid brought with him when he moved in almost 11 months agO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Goodness but that is a lot of stuff :)

My kids use everything as bubble bath so nothing gets a chance to collect *sigh*

Miss T said...

I give it two weeks before you stock up again :)

Moe Wanchuk said...

Please send 1st Class ticket from Minneapolis to Amsterdam on NWA....then 1st class ticket to SA on South African Air
Please pick me up outside of the luggage rack
Please have ice cold water and Twix Bar ready

Can't wait for the Party

P.S. I sleep with only a t-shirt on

Sass said...

We JUST cleaned this much stuff out of our hall closet today! :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Unknown said...

WOW! That's a lot of junk! You are an inspiration. Maybe this weekend I will find a cabinet or 2! WTG. Its amazing how much crap we accumulate over the years isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about us humans and how much stuff we all have and there's so darned many of us. It gets so I can't wait to throw things away. Perhaps I shouldn't be buying in the first place??!!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Wow that is alot of toileries. the boyf and I have quite alot too - but I am trying to throw away stuff more often. so easy to hoard and keep things "just in case".

heehee

boldly benny said...

I love toiletries so I'm horrendous. MM and I had to get an extra cupboard in our bathroom to accommodate everything!

Anonymous said...

wow. that's a lot of stuff!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious because I have probably as many products as you have and the fact that you already purged is great!

AngelConradie said...

lol... good luck!