Thursday 26 June 2008

Schmodels...

So yesterday was my dad's bday. And one of my bestest friend's too.

We went out for supper to Blueberry Grill in Kyalami. Since hearing the name I've had that song Blueberry Hill (is it by Chuck Berry?!) in my head. My folks arrived late, after being given faulty directions by someone who works there, so they were a little peeved to start with. Then we sat down at our table in the non-smoking section. The room was empty and freezing cold. They had those patio gas heaters, but none of the were on, so we asked them to turn them on. No gas, apprently.

They said they'd move us to a warmer area, which turned out to be the passageway between the non-smoking and smoking scetions, directly outside of the toilets. My dad promptly threw his toys out the cot and called the manager (and he says I get my attitude from my mother?!).

Suddenly, they managed to produce a full gas bottle out of nowhere, so we moved back to our original table. Once we were warmer, things were far more pleasant. The food was actually really good. I had sushi (yum!) and hubby had oxtail (double yum). And we got dessert on the house (although my creme brulee was not particularly fabulous. They do mych better creme brulee at The Brasserie* in Irene Village Mall. But then again, all of the Willoworld restaurants are cool).

And our waitor, Eugene, really did try hard. He joked with us and made sure everyone was happy. So, despite bad beginnings, it ended up being a good evening.

Here, then, is a funny for today:

11 comments:

Sweets said...

that right there is the reason i will NEVER be a model... mwhahahahahahahahaha loved that!

Wenchy said...

I love creme brulee.

Tamara said...

Sweets: there are MANY reasons I could never be a model ;-)

Wenchy: Me too. On eof the reasons I'll never be a model, I'm afraid!

Anonymous said...

It's Fats Domino. :) I only know his version of Blueberry Hill. I freakin love that song!

Cam said...

Now I'm singing Solsburg Hill by Peter Gabriel! :)

Supanova said...

Free dessert? My kinda restaurant!!!

Supanova said...

ROTFLMAO @ the vid! Hilarious!

AngelConradie said...

i am glad it wasn't a total disaster- but it totally baffles me how you have to lose it to get good service in south africa!

ExMi said...

there's nothing worse than being cold at a restaurant.

makes you not want to eat anything.

enjoying catching up on your blog, i'm glad to be back....been sucking without internet access!!

Slyde said...

i just realized that i havent added you to my blogroll yet.. i need to fix that this week...

Ruby said...

i hate it when you have to be nasty before you get good service...*sigh*