Winter is well and truly here. Freezing fingers on the icy steering wheel in the mornings; putting off going to the loo because the seat is sure to freeze-burn my bottom; wearing a minimum number of three layers; craving hot comfort food; and getting up in the dark.
I'm not really a fan of winter. In fact, I'm cold-blooded, I'm sure. But I'm trying to look on the bright side, so I'm writing a list of all the things I like about the chilly season:
1. Curling up with a warm blanket, my purring cats, a cup of Milo or hot chocolate and a good book. This doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's paradise.
2. A plate of my home-cooked lamb curry after a long, cold day. Hubby's parents are sheep farmers, so we get lamb quite often. Noice.
3. A long hot bath with a glass of wine.
4. Snuggling on the couch watching DVDs with hubby and the cats.
6. Not needing to shave my legs as often, seeing they don't get exposed much.
7. Getting into the bed once the electric blanket has warmed it up for me.
8. Roaring fireplaces in restaurants.
9. Hot puddings. Mmmmm....
10. The crystal-like frost formations that you find on the grass in the mornings.
11. Soft leather gloves.
12. Scarves (I must have about 30).
13. The feeling of coming into a warm room out of the crisp outdoors.
14. Putting my cold hands down hubbys neck to make hi shiver. Hehehe...
15. Knowing that after winter must come spring, bringing with it beautiful blossoms and freshness.
16. Standing in front of the braai and feeling the warm in front of me and the cold behind me.
17. Soup. Especially MY soup. I may suck at baking, but I can do soup.
18. Marshmallow socks (socks that feel soft and squishy, not socks made out of marshmallows - that would be really gross).
19. Sketching winter trees.
20. Misty breath in the chilly mornings.
What are your favourite winter things?