In the tradition of this lovely blogger's weekend posts, I give you a list:
- Sometimes people will let you down. This is especially true of possible interviewees for magazine stories, who have a tendency to fall off the planet just before the deadline.
- Really special memories can be made anytime, anywhere.
- The blueberry cosmopolitan cocktail at Bottega Cafe in Fourways Crossing does wonders on a weary Friday afternoon.
- Ask (or even mention) and you may just receive. I happened to say that I would like a pair of decent sunglasses, and when TSC went to order his prescription lenses and somes frames on Friday, he got to choose a free pair of Daniel Hechter sunglasses. Seeing he already has lovely glasses, he let me choose a pair instead. Love my man and his amazing generosity!
- China Mall offers great bargains but also big headaches.
- Going out on the roads during the 94.7 Cycle Challenge is a bad, bad idea.
- The Rosebank Rooftop Craft Market is a great place to do Christmas shopping. But you need lots of time!
- Sunday lunch spent laughing and chatting with awesome friends is the best way to recover from horrible Cycle Challenge traffic.
- My concentration span is ridiculously short on a Sunday evening.
- Sometimes it's good to be reminded of the bigger picture.
What did you learn this weekend?