Thursday 15 January 2009

Bits and Pieces

For those of you Joburg girl bloggers who aren't on Phillygirl's mailing list, here's advanced notice that the Feb Bloggirls event will be at my place and will be a housewarming do for the usual suspects plus partners and kids. I'll sort out the details closer to the time. But don't forget that the Jan event is just around the corner so go sign up now!

A funny for you that rings true with me:

WOMEN'S REVENGE
"Cash, cheque or charge?" I asked, after folding items the woman wished to
purchase.
As she fumbled for her wallet , I noticed a remote control for a
television set in her purse.
"So, do you always carry your TV remote?" I asked.
"No," she replied, "but my husband refused to come shopping with me,
and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally."

And one or two pics:

A bowl of moth pupae for breakfast, anyone? Taken at the Africa Silks Farm in Mpumalanga. The tour was fascinating - I hadn't realised quite how labour-intensive silk farming is!


A view through the veil - taken from underneath the Bridal Falls near Sabie.



And that's all for today, folks. Have a good Thursday.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the house warming. Nice pics!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Love the TV remote joke - so funny

Anonymous said...

I did sign up but dont get any mails? Will go check it out again though!

Unknown said...

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth..


The falls picture is beautiful

Thomas said...

Huzzah!

A fellow Sefrican Blogger:) I've found two of you in one day after trawling through Blogger and Wordpress for months!

Consider me a loyal reader:)

Shania said...

I've considered changing the password on the satellite tv account and hiding all the good channels for revenge. But that takes too much work. I settle for whining and stomping.

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait for the next bloggirls event :) hehe at the remote thing!

po said...

I thought you were gonna say those worms were on the menu!

Tamara said...

Glug: Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Brazen: Bet it makes sense to loads of women out there.

Laura: Hmmm... I'll add you to the mailing list.

Dizzblnd: Charmed.

Thomas: Why thank you, kind sir. I've left you a list of a few other local bloggers on your blog.

Shania: Yep - me too!

Jeannette: Me neither ;-)

Po: Gross!

Anonymous said...

that is it. i am chaining my remotes to the floor.

i would join but last time i checked i was not a girl. :-)

Tamara said...

31337: Or a Joburg resident ;-)

AngelConradie said...

oh wow t- that waterfall picture is spectacular!