Back now and wishing I could have had a longer stay. It was a great weekend and I promise to give you some details soon, along with one or two of the squillions of photos I took of the kudus that were hanging out around our cabin.
As it's a Monday morning and I have catching up to do on Friday's emails etc, here are the highlights:
- Switching my mobile off for two whole days.
- Learning to play poker (Texas Hold'em) by candlelight when the power went off.
- Watching an amazing electrical storm sweep over the bone-dry bushveld.
- Seeing the green shoots already appearing the next morning.
- Visiting a local holiday resort and swimming in the heated swimming pool.
- Not having TV in the house for the whole weekend.
- Having breakfast at the local pub and watching Lewis Hamilton win the Grand Prix for McLaren, putting himself 7 points in the lead for the driver's championship.
- Getting home yesterday and being able to sleep in our queen-size bed again after three nights in the two single beds pushed together.
- Great 'couple' time.
- Enjoying a bottle of ice-cold Rose wine on a blisteringly hot afternoon.
Right... off to do emails now.