Wednesday 31 March 2010

(Semi) sanity returns

I feel human again today (not like a hamster, Po). It's amazing what some decent sleep can do. Yesterday afternoon, when I got to my home office I worked until TSC got back from varsity and our once-a-week domestic worker, Margaret, was finished doing the ironing. Once we'd dropped her off, we had a 30min nap. Late afternoon naps are the best thing ever.

I immediately felt more clear-headed and able to put in a few more hours work. I made sure I stopped by 8pm and then TSC and I had fun making our own filled Easter eggs. I find any type of crafting or cooking very therapeutic and it's always fun when someone else is involved. We chatted and tasted the melted chocolate and discussed what other fillings we should use. It was exactly what we needed. I'll try to take some photos of the choccies this week and put them up here.

I feel like Easter has kind of snuck up on me this year. Usually I'm quite organised about it and my craft cupboard would already be stacked with neatly wrapped Easter bundles by this stage. But I actually keep forgetting that Easter is this weekend because it seems too soon. The year has been so insanely busy and a tad stressful and my brain is having difficulty accepting the fact that we're already a quarter of the way through 2010.

Still, this time last year (I LOVE having a blog to go back and reference what happened a year ago) TSC and I were both miserably sick with flu, so I am in a better place than I was then. And although last year I was bleak that we couldn't afford to go away for the Easter long weekend, this year I am looking forward to being able to chill at home.

But to do that I will need to wade through the daunting pile of work on my work and home desks right now. Better get started!

8 comments:

Cam said...

"Are you human, or are you Tamara?"

po said...

You said hamster? Sorry I got distracted after that.

I want filled Easter eggs! But I don't take that much pleausre out of making stuff like you.

Helen said...

you make easter eggs? I think you're officially my hero now!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better. EASTER! yay Looooooooooong weekend.

Anonymous said...

Some magic for you Tamara http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfAmkKRcFU&feature=related

Enjoy! This band makes my heart extremely warm

Shayne said...

I havne't made one egg this year - too busy! Took the easy route and visited Woolies. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

I hope that you manage to rest and recharge this weekend. Nothing like a LONG weekend to get you going again!

Damaria Senne said...

Also went the Woolies route for Easter eggs. Looking forward to the long weekend.

BioniKat said...

I also find cooking therapeutic because I just zone out and lapse into thought mode, going through the motions automatically. Now baking - puts me to sleep! But maybe thats because I was doing it at about 9pm after a day at work...