Tuesday 26 May 2009

Home post

I have another nasty head cold and am blogging from my bed amidst a sea of tissues and flu meds.

Have just read Fiela's Child in one sitting (it was actually a pretty good book) and am now thoroughly bored. You know how you fantasise about taking a sick day to recover from work and stress and catch up on all the things you actually feel like doing, whether it's watching random TV or reading magazines? And then the reality is that you feel so crap that all you want to do is sleep and write a whiney blog post about how crap you feel?
So I'm trying to cheer myself up by sifting through old photos. There are some cool ones that capture awesome memories...

My 21st birthday party (the dress-up theme was the elements and TSC and I went as fire); my dad and I on the beach when I was a toddler; me holding my baby brother when he was just a few months old; my 15th birthday party (paintball); my gran riding an ostrich on our holiday in Oudshoorn (sp?); my parents' cat when she was still a tiny kitten...

Those are the printed out photos from before we had a digital camera. Here are a few that make me smile from my PC's archives:
The table flowers at our wedding:

Sapphire, our timid cat, dressed by TSC in my teddy's glasses:

Me, posing at the entrance to The Lost City on our weekend at Sun City.
TSC on horseback on Noordhoek beach - our 1-year wedding anniversary.

Photos definitely cheer me up. I reckon I'll spend the remainder of my bed-rest compiling a CD of the photos I want to have printed out. There's still loads of bare walls in this house to be filled!

I'd love to know about some of the photos that make you smile!

8 comments:

Slyde said...

that pic of the cat is priceless!

that could be on a birthday card :)

Damaria Senne said...

Love the pic of the cat.

Helen said...

they're beautiful photos! I think the worst part of digital photos is that we never get around to printing them, so where we used to ahve photo albums to flip through, now we have to watch computer slide-shows.

The cat is such an awesome picture!

po said...

I always wish I could get sick and have day off work,but you are right, if I actually did, I would be so miserable. I am really like a guy when I get sick.

Love those flowers!

Mellisoo said...

Sickies sucks!

Hope you feel better soon :)

LOVE your wedding table flowers.

Caz said...

shame lady. hope you get better soon!! was sick this week too, but bounced back surprisingly fast so maybe this is one of those rare (and rather pleasant) quick flus :)

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Love the cat pic...too cute.

Feel better soon x

AngelConradie said...

I love going through photos too...