Tuesday 8 December 2009

Assorted

Last night, having finished up with my freelancing for the day, I chucked together a hasty jambalaya for supper and TSC and I dashed to Cedar Square to see Julie & Julia, which I've been wanting to see for ages.




We both really enjoyed it. Meryl Streep as Julia Child reminded me a bit of my late grandmother for some reason. And it was really interesting to watch a movie where blogging features so prominently.

Amy Adams was far less annoying than in some of her previous roles and I actually warmed to her for the first time. There were some laugh out loud moments too, like where she's trying to cook lobster.

We had a "lovenest" seat in the cinema for the first time. So comfortable to be able to snuggle without an armrest between us! Aside from a technical sound glitch (why does this always happen to us?) that meant the movie had to be stopped for five minutes and we missed a few seconds of the story, it was a perfect evening.


Today I'm hoping to finish off the freelance project, although that all depends on whether I can get the outstanding info I need from the client in time.

TSC is busy painting my folks' garage roof today, so while he's not around this afternoon I will finally get to buy and wrap his Christmas present. I won't mention what it is, just in case he decides to lurk a while (I think he has a better idea of what my blog is after last night's movie) ;-)

Other than that, there is much admin planned for today. Yuck. But at least it's the kind of admin that doesn't require much brain power. Because that is a commodity seriously lacking in my vicinity today. December brain mush has arrived in full.

Off to... wait, what was I going to do now?

12 comments:

Cam said...

Hooray for the December brain mush!

thejacksonfiles said...

i read the book so i can't bring myself to watch the movie maybe on dvd...

also those love seat things, hey. i'm really keen to try them. last time dave and i went to the movies we booked one, but then had a hige row and went home instead. sigh.

Anonymous said...

@thejacksonfiles- So funny (not to be mean) about the movie seats- I suppose the "lovenest" thing is about... well, love. You can't fight it. lol. That;s my warped sense of humour.

Tamara- I can't wait to see Julie and Julia- I saw some build up footage and I am a die hard fan of Maryl Streep- she's excellent... so I think I'm going to go next week sometime. (No time this week). Thanks for the head up and good luck for your freelance.

Have a good one.

Shayne said...

Oh I'm dying to see the movie - can't wait.

Yuck at admin. My worst.

Mama Feline said...

I really want to get to see that movie too - so glad it sounds brill!

Chocolate is great for brain mush syndrome :)

Damaria Senne said...

The movie sounds great. And I love Meryl Streep.

Janine / Being Brazen said...

I really want to see that movie. Nice to know you enjoyed it

Pretty Zesty said...

I still have yet to see this film. Need to get on it! Food and blogging... hmmm right up my alley!

Helen said...

I really want to see it too! It looks really nice and different, admin sucks, but it's a good way of ticking things off a to-do list without having to think too hard...

po said...

Brain mush. Muuuuuuush. Am trying to remember what I wanted to write but it is gone.

Wenchy said...

I love the love seats in the cinema also

AngelConradie said...

Ugh, admin. I have a lot of that to do too!
I just love Ster Kinekor's loveseats!