Friday 28 August 2009

It's Friday!!!

Yes, that statement even warrants more than one exclamation mark, which is usually a big no-no for me.

I'm still feeling blue (well, more sickly green), but I seem to have the tears under control today, which is a step in the right direction. At least I now have a facade of calm. And my rescue remedy back from TSC. Coincidence?

I still don't feel like going into what's making me miz (unusual for someone who generally wants to broadcast every issue to the world, or at least the blogosphere). I guess I feel that I don't want to focus on the rubbish stuff. Also, I don't feel like hearing everyone's advice. I know what I have to do, I know what I can't do, I know that this too shall pass, and that's all I need to know. Now I just need to put my head down, do what needs to be done and make the tough decisions when they come my way. But (there's always a but), just so you know... it's mainly work stuff. Just so nobody thinks it's about TSC, k?

Right, onwards to (80s) glory! I have my totally awesome outfit picked out, the house decked out with balloons and righteous 80s decor and tonight I'll do the food prep, so hopefully all will be ready for the valley girls and punk rockers to descend upon us tomorrow evening.

I always get butterflies before I throw a party, or even if I have a big group over for dinner. I think it's because my friends are from such different walks of life (from late teens to early sixties) that I worry whether everyone will get along and stress that someone will feel left out. But it always works out well and I end up having a great time, and I'm sure that will be the case here.

Now if I can just get my complicated cake right...

What's everyone else up to this weekend?

7 comments:

Cam said...

!!!! I just added some more!

Enjoy the party Tam. "8ties baby!"

po said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness.

I am going to Edinburgh! It is one long drive.

Helen said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me too me too!

I am:
practising tai chi,
exercising way more than I want to
dressing up like a goth and looking odd at your party :)
going goth-clubbing
seeing Harry Potter
fixing my undergrad student's stats
working at the vet
clearing out my bookshelf

the rest is up in the air as I don't know if I'll be walking or not after the last training session of doom...

BioniKat said...

I never plan the weekend - It plans me but I believe I will be taxiing my offspring to their jols!! Hopefully that Rescue Remedy coupled with your favourite alcohol and a good laugh will give you a happy buzz to last until you sort out what you gotta do! Have a good party.

Gill said...

So glad you've got the party to cheer you up - hope you have a good weekend :-)

Laura said...

Sorry you feeling a little mis :( It sucks!

I am still sick so going to try do as little as the kids will let me!

Ruby said...

The party was Awesome honey!!! you guys did well:D