Just deleted the rest of the lines I had written for this post which were thoroughly miserable.
Everything seems to be getting to me at the moment and I'm not sure why. I'm not (according to my mother) very good at managing my stress, so I go through these extreme downs. Blegh. But I'm not going to focus on the crap stuff today.
I'm going to list the things there are to be happy about instead. Because I need to. Please add yours so I can smile for you too.
- Tomorrow night TSC and I are going out for dinner to celebrate my 25th.
- I have proper post (not bills or ads) to open when I wake up.
- I don't have client meetings this afternoon.
- My house is fairly tidy for a change (spent Sunday turning the pantry on its head and cleaning it out to banish the moth infestation we had for some reason. There was curry powder / corn flour / moths / noodles / assorted other stuff all over the kitchen floor). the fact that the mess has gone makes me ever so slightly calmer.
- I watched Ghost Town last night. I wasn't expecting much, but it made me laugh out loud, which was so good.
- My cats have developed the habit of following me around the house whenever I'm home and lying down next to me when I sit down anywhere. There's nothing quite like cat love.
- We were invited to a birthday lunch on Sunday. We can't make it (because we're having my birthday lunch with my family), but it's nice to be invited. I often feel like TSC and I host people all the time and never get invited back. Although there are one or two people (like Phillygirl and Angel) who are super good at organising and inviting and whom I am in complete awe of.
- TSC and I have discovered the Lindt Petits Desserts range. It's ridiculously expensive stuff, but the Mousse au Chocolat in dark chocolate is possibly the best thing I've tasted in this world.
Tell me the good things in your life right now.