Well, my brother used to sing along at the top of his lungs with the lyrics, "You've already RUN me over in spite of me, I was alarmed and I fell head over heels..." he was convinced that those where the right words.
And TSC has a habit of making up his own lyrics as he sings along, seeing he can never remember the real ones. And then there was the time my mother made me turn off the radio when Counting Crow's where singing Big Yellow Taxi. They sang, "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot," and my mother thought they were saying," they paved paradise and put up a f***ing lot." What she thought that was, I have no idea.
She also took great offence at the song "Pumping on your Stereo" by Supergrass, which she thought was "humping on your stereo".
But none of those quite match up to the collection of misheard lyrics at www.kissthisguy.com, which include:
- "Let's pee in the corner. Let's pee on the spotlight," instead of "That's me in the corner, That's me in the spotlight" from R.E.M.'s Losing My Religion
- "My anus is the centre hole," instead of, "My angel is a centerfold" from Centrefold by the J Geils Band
- "The algebra has a devil for a sidekick eeeeeee," instead of, "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me" from Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody
- "Might as well face it; you're a d*ck with a glove," instead of "Might as well face it; you're addicted to love," from Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer. The person says she thought it was a funny song about Michael Jackson
- "We built this city on the wrong damn road," instead of , "We built this city on rock and roll," from We Built this City by Starship
Got any misheard lyrics you'd like to share?