Wednesday 25 March 2009

Weird things I've seen on my way to work



Seeing my office is literally about 3 km from home, you'd think that there wouldn't be much to see on my way to work in the mornings. But you'd be wrong.

  • A businessman in his suit, standing next to his shiny BMW and taking photos of the road. I have no clue why. Maybe he has a pothole fetish. If so, he'll be blissfully happy in Johannesburg.


  • One of those huge trucks that has ramps on the back and transports a bunch of cars at once, which got stuck in the cul de sac where we live this morning. It was empty of cars, but I have idea why it came down our little dead end. And I have no idea how it will get out again. It's probably still there.


  • An incredibly fat man who I see trying to jog down the road every morning, his stomach bouncing against his legs as he runs. I want to cheer him on - I think it's awesome that he's so dedicated. You go, guy!


  • The granny power-walking club, all wearing their luminous yellow bibs, who weave along the main road, hips swaying and arms pumping. It's so cute!


  • A bunch of guys in orange suits sweeping the exact same spot of the road every day. Either it gets really dirty overnight or they're actually secret agents scoping out the dodgy looking business across the road. These are the stories I make up to amuse myself in the bumper to bumper traffic.

Funnily enough, I never seem to see weird stuff on my way home. I guess all the nutjobs only come out in the mornings ;-)


17 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

"Nutjobs" really do seem to be around more in the mornings..lol

Cam said...

Tam, not sure if you read my post yesterday, but I saw a guy have a pooh behind a palm tree at Grovenor Crossing yesterday morning on my way to a meeting...sorry if i grossed you out.

Unknown said...

It makes your ride to work interesting hey? Go granny powerwalkers!

Shania said...

I see some really strange stuff on my commute too. The truly sad part is that my commute consists of about ten steps through my living room to my office.

Anonymous said...

I do this too - helps me get thro the insanity that is the traffic!

po said...

Hehe cool list! Every morning I get chased by the little machine that they use to clean the streets here. It is traumatic I tell you.

Mama Feline said...

Thanks for the chuckle - cool post!

Ruby said...

he he....can you imagine what i see on a daily basis...being stuck in traffic for more than an hour each morning:)

Love the way you make up stories to amuse yourself:)

Anonymous said...

Hehe the dude with the camera sounds like me!

Louisa said...

Sounds like you have a very interesting trip in the morning. I hardly notice anything while I'm driving cause I'm either too busy singing along, or I'm stuck in bumper-to-bumper and enjoying the quiet time catching up on blog reading with my cell phone.

Alexis Grisina said...

Haha It's great to find people who appriciate the simple things in life, though my blog is more about phylosophy meets crazy randomness, i think i have a split personality :D

Miss T said...

I especially love the last cartoon....I always say that too-lol!

Anonymous said...

In the morning, I'm somewhere between the cute grannies and the bouncy fat man on the run. We are odd little beasts, aren't we??!!

AngelConradie said...

I love doing that too... 'cept I never remember any of it when it comes to blogging!

Dash said...

totally picturing the grannies. that's great. lol

Slyde said...

Hey, i didnt know that was you.

You SHOULD have cheered me on.. i need the encouragement..

p.s. im not fat im bigboned..

Spear The Almighty said...

Lol! I don't really have time to look around when I drive to work. Driving in Abu Dhabi is insane. Everyone drives like the taxis back home. :)