- Went to the Fashion TV Cafe in the Irene Village Mall in Pretoria for supper on Friday night. We asked for a table in the non-smoking area. The people on both sides of us started smoking. We called the manager and asked for a solution. None was forthcoming. We left. I don't mind if people smoke - many of my friends do. But I don't like to taste secondhand smoke while I eat, and as far as I'm concerned, if I'm sitting in the specifically non-smoking area, there shouldn't be people smoking in it. But I have had this fallout with a few restaurants over the past year. And I am always regarded as the villain in the situation, by the restaurant manager and the smokers. That pisses on my battery.
- Went to the Irene Country Market on Saturday with my mom. Spent too much money, but had great fun. Came back with various home and garden things and my mom bought me a cute bird feeder to hang in the tree. Will try to remember to take pics of my market loot.
- Had a housewarming / birthday party that was quite random. Met up with a few old friends there and after we'd hung around for a couple of hours, we all left together and the boys watched rugby while the girls had a LONG chat. Fabulous catch-up session! The only not so awesome bit was all the pregnancy chatter (one of the girls is 6 months pregnant). I can't escape it ;-)
- Watched Juno again with TSC and cuddled on the couch. I heart that movie. So odd and so awesome.
- Ate Oatso-Easy porridge for supper. Just because.
- Ruby came to church with us. Our pastor has been away for a few weeks and had been desperately wanting to get back and deliver last night's sermon, which was... fiery. He is passionate about Christian men standing up and being real men, not pansy wannabe men. It was an awesome message from Ruth about Boaz - the businessman, believer and Romeo - and it was so cool to have Ruby visit. I'm loving getting to know her better IRL. She's a legend.
- Made a card from everyone at the company for the new girl who's starting today. She is going to work part-time while she finished studying, so on Monday and Friday she will only come in at 1pm. As such, I have yet to meet her.
What did you get up to this weekend?