Wednesday 9 January 2008

The first of the photos

There are many more to come (as soon as I figure out how my new camera's software works), but here is a single photo from each segment of my holiday in the meanwhile. To see all the rest, visit my Flickr page here.


The day of our first year anniversary - a "sunset" (we were around an hour early for that) horseride along Noordehoek beach. It was amazing - the day had been raining and miserable and the weather cleared to give us the perfect 2-hour window for our ride, which we followed up with dinner at the Mount Nelson Hotel (where TSC proposed to me). No photos of that as we're STILL too embarrassed to ask the waiter to take a photo of us. It's just not done at the Mt. N, dahling!


This is our nephew, Jeandre, at around 8 months. Poor boy's already had chicken pox and bronchitis, but he was all smiles when we saw him in Upington - we'd just given him the R400 teddy. He couldn't wait to unpack the bear so he could ignore it and try to climb inside its box.


Me, on the farm in Namibia, trying to look comfortable holding this little goat that was squirming like a worm on speed.


TSC and I on Christmas day, which we spent with my family near Hazyview in Mpumalanga. It was a stunning day of perfect weather, good food, lots of presents and interesting German priests.


Tamara and TSC do Disney. Dancing gingerbread men! Well, I thought it was cool.

I know I promised random observations, the usual rants and more fine writing, so those will come. Well, the rants and observations at least. Two out of three is not bad. In the meantime, just pretend to be interested in my pics, k?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hellooo...

thank you for the email. i have not yet read it... as you know, this week is sooo busy. i cant wait to see all the pictures!!! the one with Cinderellas castle behind you, i have that exact picture....standing alone...:-)

our holiday was great,,, will send the link to Picasa (my online albums) soon...

Life on Tuesday???

Miss ya.
Big hug
xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Photos!!!!