Wednesday 5 December 2007

South African Blogs - an endangered species

Oh dear... You know blogger has this cool links thing going so you can click on a word in someone's profile and be taken to a list of other people that have used that word? Well tough if you don't know.

I thought I'd check out some other SA or Jozi blogs, so I clicked on the words "South Africa" on my profile. Lo and behold... a list of 24 000-odd bloggers from sunny SA popped up and I happily started cruising through some of them.

I discovered:
There are lots of teeny blogs of bored highschoolers who think that the rest of the world cares who they kissed last night or what colour shoes they're going to wear to the Matric formal.

There are lots of bitchy blogs. For a nation of supposedly happy and good-natured people, there are a lot of bloggers out there who could do with a good dose of Prozac. Ok,I know that I'm not all sunshine and roses either, but man... there are some seriously nasty rants going down in the Southern Hemisphere!

There are lot and LOTS of failed blogs. Not failed as in I didn't like their look; failed as in the authors wrote one post saying how great it is to have a blog and then quit. So much for perseverence.

Please somebody direct me to an SA blog worth reading!

2 comments:

K.M. said...

Hi Tamara

These are my two favourite blogs, and they are both active.

www.sclerotic.blogspot.com
www.horridmeltdown.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoy!

Tamara said...

Thanks for the links. Great sites. And I love the Judging Whoever site, so now I have 3 SA blogs to visit!