Thursday 17 November 2011

Right now...

...All I want to do is something creative. It's like the annoying mosquito bite on my ankle - an itch that just won't stop. I've made heaps of jewellery, but I'm looking forward to a point in time when writing gets less hectic so that I can wrap some presents, make some cards and do some general "prettifying". I also need to do a little sewing and baking. If I can just hold out a bit longer!

I've decided as of today that I'm not taking on any more work for this year. I have enough to keep me busy until 15 Dec, which is my last day before we leave for holidays. As a friend pointed out over lunch, what's the point of being self employed if you can't decide when to say 'no' to work?

Easier said than done though. I need someone to hold me accountable and to remind me I decided to say 'no'. Any volunteers?

Off to finish up the last article for today and then I'm going to practise this 'no' business by turning off my PC and ignoring my emails until tomorrow.

Bye!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you've heard this before, but I would kill to write for a living. Although I guess, like anything, when you're on deadline, it takes some of the joy out of it. And I also guess it depends what you're writing about. Funny, cos I paint freelance, and I also can't wait till I'm done with that so that I can do my "creative" stuff like writing. LOL!

po said...

Um, refusing work, um, I don't think I would have a problem with that. Haha just kidding, I know what you mean. Having rules that someone else in a structured workplace has set makes things so easy. The building closes for Christmas and so we all go home! We have to have x days of leave and so we take them. Hey, I have just come up with a crazy idea, you need an app or a programme where you load "leave rules" in and then an automated boss messages you to tell you that the workplace is shutting down. Will have to get onto the BFG about this?

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I'll remind you to say no :)

Funny you should say this about being creative - I'm also itching to do some fun things but I have some book things to do before I can relax (writing my first book at the mo)

Spear The Mighty said...

Gret idea about the emails. :)

cat said...

Oh I am so itching towards creativity too

Wenchy said...

Enjoy your holiday from the 15th!

Louisa said...

It's really that time of the year now, isn't it? i don't know if I'm coming or going at the moment. If I had 48 hour days I still wouldn't get everything done that needs doing!