Tuesday 1 March 2011

Hello Tuesday.

I'm so glad it's you and that Monday's gone for this week.

Especially seeing Monday started with a fight with Honda about my car's service plan, which ended in a draw. Well, that's how I'm choosing to see it. Then I got told by their service department that I need new tyres. Joy. More money spent on something that's fallen apart. It appears my car and my house are in collusion. I feel betrayed.

Not really.

Anyhoo... The weekend was at least good. Crazy busy, but good. We took our neighbours out for dinner on Friday and went to a morning wedding on Saturday (which we thought would suck,but actually turned out to be lovely, despite running horribly late). Then we managed to pop over to a birthday party, although not for long because Isak stayed with us Saturday and Sunday evening seeing his company has not paid him again and he needs money desperately. TSC had organised an odd-job for the two of them on Sunday at a mine, "pulling cables", whatever that means.

I was left to my own devices, so I did my usual Pilates class, then met a friend for lunch and then visited another friend for a tea party. It was great, but I didn't get any alone time with TSC the whole weekend, so we'll have to plan some this week.

I saw my friend who's moving to the Cape yesterday for a catch-up before she goes. I'm going to miss her so much :-(

The high point of the day was picking up my photos that I've had printed onto canvas for display in our lounge. I was given vouchers to do so for my wedding anniversary by my folks and I am so chuffed with the results. Now we just need to give the skirtings the final lick of sealant and I'll show you pics of the whole effect.

Today started out far better than Monday - with a much-needed haircut. Yay! Then my mom dropped my granddad off with us while she went to China Mall. He was up here visiting a sick friend and we didn't think we'd get to see him, so it was nice to have him and get to catch up with him too.

Of course, that means I haven't had much time to work (although I've got a lot done in the last two hours), so I'll probably have to do some this evening. Damn. I was hoping to go out for a sushi dinner (something a girl should always do when she has salon-fabulous hair). But finances and time will not allow it. Blergh.

So it's off to write about battery power monitoring devices. Woo hoo. Wish me luck. Or sushi. Preferably the latter.

PS: I'm considering finally ditching Telkom as my ISP and going with Afrihost. Anyone had experience with them?

10 comments:

Shayne said...

OOh, new hair. Yay. Time for mine on Friday.

Sorry to hear that Isak is having hassles again - i feel so for people like him.

I think we use Afrihost (for our wireless connection) and it seems pretty ok so far. We've had a few down days but that was because of the solar power tower (i'm a bit doff when it comes to these things).

Don't you often find that it's the events you don't really look forward to that turn out to be fun?

xx

Louisa said...

I wish you loads of sushi...and a perfectly working car.

po said...

You Joburg people, I can't keep up with you and all that you get up to. It's like a whirlwind. Good luck for writing about battery power wotzit devices. I have no idea what that is but I am encouraged that someone out there does and knows what to do with one :)

Tamara said...

Shayne: There's no better pick-me-up than new hair.

And yes, it's often events that I'm dreading that turn out to be awesome.

Louisa: Thanks, my friend. My car is now fabulous again, with her new ridiculously expensive tyres on. It's like Jimmy Choos for a Honda ;-)

Po: That's Joburg. And that's why we Joburg folk need holidays away from this place!

Thanks. I actually have no idea how they work, but I'm going to write about them anyway ;-)

Helen said...

Yay for new hair! I'm sure that gives you extra energy! Although I live in Joburg and probably wouldn't be able to keep up with all that...

tanyadeville said...

Totally agree that salon-hair needs to go out for dinner!

Why were u dreading the wedding?

Tamara said...

Helen: But you do far more than that, between goth clubbing, crazy cat ladies, teaching, research...

Tanya: Because it's the marriage of two of the most awkward (but lovely) people in the world and we didn't know anyone else going. And it was a morning wedding, which meant being up early, no booze and no dancing.

But, as I said, it was actually really cool.

tanyadeville said...

Ok, just wondering About the wedding thing, coz I'm having a morning wedding... Wondering if ppl are dreading it! :p
Glad it turned out well tho :)

Tamara said...

Tanya: Hehehe... I doubt it! I've met you and you're not awkward. These two... should get an award for it. They can kill a dinner convo quicker than you can say "one-word answers don't prompt converstaion". No awkward = no need for booze to get through the event ;-)

AngelConradie said...

It is nice to go out for an evening when your hair looks fabulous!